Belfast Go Tournament 2008
Belfast Go Tournament will see a number of changes this year. Firstly we will move to a slower 2 day format. Secondly, we are now in the Function Room of Belfast Boat Club, moving away from the stark modern art of the Crescent Arts Center.
- Date – 27/28th September
- Venue – Belfast Boat Club – Google Maps Link Exit the Stranmillis Roundabout toward Cutter’s Wharf pub. The Boat Club is actually signposted from the roundabout. The Boat Club is at the end of the road, just behind the Lagan Towpath. There is a free Car Park for the towpath just past Cutter’s, the Boat Club has its own small Car Park. See also directions from Belfast Central (Railway) Station and directions from Europa Hotel (Central Bus Station)
- Schedule , not set in stone.
Saturday 27th 10:00 Registration and Set Up 11:00 Round 1 14:00 Round 2 16:00 Round 3 Sunday 28th 10:30 Round 4 13:30 Round 5 15:30 Round 6 17:30 Prizegiving
- 50 minutes sudden death
- Japanese Rules
- Komi 6.5
- Handicap MMS-1
- No Cheating .
- Entry Fees
- Standard 10 pounds (euro equivalent will be accepted)
- Concession 7 pounds
- 1 day only (no concessions, must request in advance) 6 pounds
- Late Entry means you have to pay 2 pounds extra. (See Below!) Please enter before the 25th or you will incur this extra fee!
- Capacity : We can only cope with 30 players, so if you want to play please email us at belfastgoclub at gmail dot com. You can also phone me at (mobile) 07 952 184 010 or 028 90 376 635. Please please pre-register!
I will try to have a look around at accommodation options for players. As there is no take that concert on this year, prices should be lower!